Hey👋 I am Siddharth (a.k.a. Sid).
I am a Software Engineer by profession working in HealthTech for DoctorAnywhere. I have been living in Singapore about a decade now. I love to travel, explore new places, experience new cultures and all of this with a constant companion - my life partner, my wife ❤️
There are so many aspects of a person’s life that I find it convenient to break down some of the important aspects into sections.
I was born in Lucknow, a city in the northern part of India, in the year 1988. I was raised in a joint family of 10 people - my grandparents, my parents, my uncle, my aunt, two younger brothers and a sister. I am the eldest of all my siblings. When I look back at my childhood, I feel blessed to have been raised in family which taught me the meaning of love, happiness and empathy. Being the eldest of the kids, I was fortunate to have spent the maximum time with my grandparents. My grandfather was and will always be my hero.
During my childhood I have been a below average student, struggled to understand the concepts taught in school and was unable to follow instructions that were given to me. I also faced bullying in school. My teacher (Mr.Abhai Pratap Singh) helped me clear my concepts and taught me all the basics which I missed. He taught me how to think and understand a topic. No exaggeration, after he taught me, in just 6 months I became an outlier in Mathematics and Science in my class. And moreover, it was not about the marks, but about the confidence that I gained. And my father helped me fight the bullies and overcome my fear.
My schooling was done in Lucknow at the following schools:
- Mahanagar Boys’ Inter College (now Montfort Inter College) - 1994 to 2004
- City Montessori School - 2004 to 2006
- Bachelor of Engineering | Information Science | B.M.S.C.E - 2007 to 2011
- Master of Computing | Computer Science | NUS - 2013 to 2015
I have over a decade of experience in the Software Industry working on a broad spectrum of technologies and roles. A brief overview of my professional experience is as follows:
- Staff Software Engineer | DoctorAnywhere | Singapore | 2022 to Present
- Design and development of B2B SSO solutions for entire organization
- Design and development of Observability solution for entire organization
- Senior Software Engineer | Shopee | Singapore | 2020 to 2022
- Worked on multiple critical services in the Shopee
- Item Tag - A microservice to tag items with relevant tags
- Item Info - A microservice to handle item information
- Price - A microservice to handle item price
- Wrote scalable and performant services handling multiple millions of requests per second
- Worked on multiple critical services in the Shopee
- Technology Evangelist | Traveloka | Singapore | 2019 to 2020
- Drove and completed AWS multi-account migration for 6 AWS accounts
- Designed and implemented solution to reduce AWS infrastructure cost by ~65%
- Software Engineer | AdNovum Singapore | Singapore | 2015 - 2019
- Software Intern | PayPal Singapore | Singapore | 2014 - 2015
- Integrated static code analysis tool to multiple Java projects
- Increased code coverage of the projects adding unit tests
- Software Engineer | Samsung Research India | Bangalore, India | 2012 - 2013
- Worked in BSP team for Qualcomm based Samsung’s Android devices and implemented various linux device drivers
My personal life has to begin with my lovely wife, Mayuri. Our marriage was arranged by our parents. Since we got
introduced on 12th June 2020 (COVID times) so we spent whole of our courtship period online and never met in-person
until one month before our marriage. We got married on 15th February 2021. We both have been similar in the perspective
that it was our first in a relationship and we both needed to figure out how to be in one. So right now we spend a lot
of time together, watching movies, traveling, playing board games, fighting and what not. I am glad we found each other.
In a lot of ways, we are similar and in a lot of ways we are different, but for sure we complement each other. As she
Sugar, spice and everything nice.
Then, I have a big and lovely family back in India. My parents, my siblings, my uncle and my aunt. We all live together. My grandparents are no more with us, but they are always in our hearts. I miss them a lot. Even though I have one brother while two cousins at home, but that is the thing with joint family, you never feel that way. For me, it has always been that I have two brothers and one sister.
Marriage makes you a part of another family who care about you. And here is that new part of my family.
Coming to friends, I have a lot of them. And that happened since I have been in a lot of places. So I have :
- School friends
- Bachelors College friends
- Masters College friends
- Work friends from multiple companies that I have worked with
I am an ENFP by personality. I am social, friendly and selectively extrovert. I have immense respect for honesty and fairness.
I generally avoid confrontations till the time it is absolutely necessary. In relation to that, hence I also find it pretty hard to say NO to people. But I am working on it and have got better than before.
Places I have been to:
- Uttar Pradesh : Lucknow • Kanpur • Agra
- Uttarakhand : Nainital • Rishikesh • Haridwar • Sitlakhet • Mussoorie
- Delhi & NCR
- Rajasthan : Jaipur • Mount Abu
- Jammu & Kashmir : Srinagar • Gulmarg • Pahalgam
- Madhya Pradesh : Indore • Kumbhraj
- West Bengal : Kolkata • Darjeeling • Siliguri
- Sikkim : Gangtok • Lachung
- Meghalaya : Shillong
- Orissa : Bhubaneswar • Puri
- Gujarat : Dwarka • Somnath
- Maharashtra : Mumbai • Pune • Mahabaleshwar
- Tamil Nadu : Chennai
- Karnataka : Bangalore • Ooty • Hampi
- Kerala : Ernakulam • Alleppey
- Andra Pradesh : Hyderabad • Tirupati
- Haryana : Gurgaon
- Malaysia : Kuala Lumpur • Malacca • Bukit Tinggi • Tioman Islands • Johor Bahru
- Indonesia : Bali • Jakarta • Yogyakarta • Batam • Bintan
- Thailand : Bangkok • Pattaya • Phuket • Phi Phi Islands
- Vietnam : Ho Chi Minh City • Hanoi
- Cambodia : Siem Reap
- South Korea : Seoul • Suwon
- Switzerland : Zurich • Lucerne • Bern • Zermatt • Saint Moritz • Jungfraujoch
- Czech Republic : Prague
- Austria : Vienna
- Hungary : Budapest
- Germany : Munich • Berlin
- Swimming (new love)
- Exploring new cuisines